Why Chiropractic Care Is A Great Choice for People Who Suffer from Migraine Headaches
Are you someone who suffers from migraine headaches? If so, you may be looking for treatment options. Even though you may think that you have to take prescription medications in order to treat your migraine headaches, this is not necessarily the case. Continue reading to learn more.
According to research that has been produced by the Migraine Research Foundation:
- Migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world
- Close to a quarter of all household in the United States have at least one person who suffers from a migraine regularly
- Approximately one out of every eight people worldwide suffer from migraine headaches
- The most common age at which people develop migraine headaches is between 18 and 44
- Close to 90 percent of people who suffer from a migraine have at least one family member who suffers from them as well
For these reasons, it is important for everyone to understand their treatment options. This includes chiropractic care.
Spotting the Signs of a Migraine Headache
First, it is important to be able to spot the signs of a migraine headache. There are two separate types of migraine headaches. The first one is called a migraine headache without aura, meaning that people suffer a migraine headache without realizing it is coming. The second is called a migraine with aura, which means that people may spot a certain smell, see something in their visual field, or receive a different signal letting them know that they are about to develop a headache.
When migraines start, there are a few common symptoms. These include:
- Many people who suffer a migraine headache describe a pounding or throbbing sensation in the head
- They may be able to localize the headache to one side of their head
- They often develop photophobia and phonophobia, meaning that bright lights and loud noises are particularly irritating to them
- Migraine headaches can also lead to nausea and vomiting
Even though many people take prescription medications to treat and prevent migraines, a chiropractor can also help.
Chiropractic Care Can Treat Migraine Headaches
Right now, migraine headaches are still a very active area of research; however, a lot of medical professionals believe that migraine headaches involve issues related to nerve signals and blood flow. That is where a chiropractor can be helpful.
A chiropractor can use a series of spinal adjustments to impact the way nerves send signals throughout the brain. Spinal manipulation might also be able to impact the flow of blood through the central nervous system, helping to treat and prevent migraines. Furthermore, research studies have also indicated that spinal adjustments from a chiropractor might be able to help in the treatment of migraines. Finally, unlike many prescription medications, spinal adjustments minimize the risk of complications and side effects. Therefore, this is an effective treatment for migraine headaches.
Reach Out to a Chiropractor for Help with Migraine Headaches
If you suffer from migraine headaches regularly, you may think that you need to undergo a dangerous medical procedure. Fortunately, this is not always true, and there may be alternative treatment options available. If you visit a chiropractor, he or she may be able to treat your migraine headaches by using spinal adjustments. With a comprehensive treatment plan, you may be able to resolve your migraine headaches while also limiting your complications and side effects. Receiving chiropractic treatment for migraine headaches can lead to a significant improvement in your overall quality of life. Therefore, if you are looking for someone who can help you with your migraine headaches, reach out to us today. We’re here to help!